Monday, May 10, 2010

John Wesley's 1st Birthday



















Well, I never thought the day would come, but John Wesley is actually 1 year old. My this year has flown by...
We had quite an eventful day! Aunt Jo Jo drove down on Friday and helped me decorate for the big day, and Aunt Kerry came over to help make John Wesley's birthday cake. The theme was BUGS...
John Wesley's cake was a catepillar. Kevin and I bought a nice sandbox and hid plastic bugs in the sand for the little ones to find. I bought bug boxes, and handpainted little bugs on the front of each box, and each child took one home with the bugs they found of course. All the little ones also got to take home a bug book. In the back yard, I had big bounce balls, which were linked together to form a giant catepillar in the backyard, and each child also took home a giant bounce ball. There were clay pots on the tables filled with Oreo's, which looked like dirt, and gummy worms crawling out of the pots.
The kids had so much fun, and John Wesley loved eating his first birthday cake, which he was covered from head to toe in Red Icing! Kevin and I had a blast and it was so special to have all our friends and family there to celebrate such a special day with us. I couldn't ask for a better 1st birthday for John Wesley.

No comments:

Post a Comment